When you want to create a beautiful and engaging outdoor living space low to the ground, you have a few different options, but the two most common are Columbus decks or patios. So, how do you choose between them? Here are a few things that I love about Columbus paver patios.
- You can be square…but why would you? Since pavers come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes and can be mixed and matched so easily, designing and laying out a patio in the custom shape of your choice is so much easier than trying to do the same thing with a deck. You can even inlay designs to a classic shape. It is also simpler to work around existing landscaping features like a stately old tree.
- Versatility thy name is paver. While engineered stone products are a huge seller because of their durability, availability, and attractive price point, they are certainly not the only paver options. While decks are generally limited to wood or synthetics, your patio could be natural stone, interlocking concrete, clay brick, slate, travertine, flagstone, granite, or something else entirely. Depending on the look you want, there are dozens of options available.
- It’s easy to mix and match. Many customers select one color, like classic red brick, but that doesn’t mean that you have to. Perhaps you’d like to accent around a fire pit or along a border with a darker color. You could even move from darker to lighter along a path, if you chose the type of paver. A thoughtful color choice will have great impact and help you control the mood set by your Columbus paver patio.
- There’s no need to be flat! It’s so easy to include vertical elements in patio design. Two of our favorites are seating walls and fire pits. Both serve a very practical purpose while drawing the eye up and across the space. We find that they also create natural gathering spaces whenever you entertain friends or family at your home.
- Built to last. A well-laid paver patio is incredibly durable and can last for decades. In the event that a piece comes loose or is broken, it’s usually a small matter to repair or replace the stone or section. We recommend keeping a few extra stones from your project in the event you need them down the road.
- The natural look. Even if you don’t choose a natural stone for your patio, it’s easy to have a natural look that blends with the environment of your yard. We can help you create a landscaping design that harmonizes yard, patio, and house all together in a combination that will have you looking forward all day to the time when you can get back out to your seat on the patio.
If you’re thinking about adding an outdoor living space to your Columbus backyard, give us a call to see how we can make creating your dream backyard an enjoyable experience, start to finish. The consultation is completely free. Call (740) 879 – 3730, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at columbus.archadeck.com. We look forward to connecting with you.